The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
Steaksauce

Josh's slow daily driver c10 build

My previous build was a 1972 BMW 2002 which I have recently sold. Rust free, m10, classic, clean and just super legit. Decided it was time for it to find a new home so I sold it and after years of talking about getting a 60's C10 I made the jump. I bought this one off my Uncle and its in pretty sad shape but I'll be getting it back on the road soon enough.

From the '02 to this is pretty much a complete 180 lol. Rusty, 283 V8, beat to hell, missing random stuff... and rusty.... but I'm pumped for the build as this plans to be a fun one not just making a nice car.

So today I picked it up... shifter broke off when someone was trying to get it into gear so my dad went under the hood got it in gear and we limped it around to the trailer. Since the tires and wheels are mismatched and the tires were pretty sketchy, we decided trailering it was the best option. Before anything happens with it I have to get it road worthy first.

Today was a clean of cleaning it up a bit and seeing what I had. Also ordered parts today for a complete tune up, rebuilding the entire parking brake, and a new shift lever.

When we got it up to my parents and removed the rear bumper, swept the trash out of the bed and I took a scotch pad to the entire truck due to some over spray when the decided to touch up the white in the laziest way ever.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Then the sad... sad... interior

And surprisingly under the trash was a pretty solid wood bed

Next on the list is refinishing some original wheels for the truck I already had and throwing some tires on. For the time being we will be heating up the springs to lower it down some and probably bag it down the road but that will be awhile.

This past weekend I redid some wheels to put on the c10.

What I started with:

ended up with this. On the wheels they were wire wheeled, sanded and painted satin black and the centers were cleaned up with a scotch pad and then cleared over with semi-gloss

Steaksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
mark 66

Re: Josh's slow daily driver c10 build

nice job. cool old truck with family heritage.get it looking to good unc will want it back
mark 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
Steaksauce

Today the complete parking brake parts showed up from LMC since mine wasn't working and missing pieces. Also ordered a new shift lever as mine was broken when I picked it up.

Before getting any parts installed we checked out the brakes which were shot and the rear passenger was actually just an empty drum. So tonight I ordered:shoes, wheel cyls, master cyl, brake hardware and an outer tie rod. Still hunting drums as my were in terrible shape but hoping to save a little money getting some used ones that haven't been so abused since things are adding up budget wise lol.

Also had this show up from ebay today. Just slowly rounding stuff up when I find a decent price.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
Steaksauce

Parts have started showing up.

Every part of the parking brake, new wheel cylinders and I have even more on the way. Hope to have it on the road soon.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #5
Ta2Don

and welcome aboard from Arkansaw...

Love the family history with your truck… I'm tuned in...

The third Saturday in Oct, the 18th, there is a great get-together for truck and Hot rod guys in Fayetteville Arkansas… There is a flyer posted in my build thread….
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Welcome aboard! Cool truck! never hurts to slowly stash away parts. lol
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #7
Steaksauce

Been stocking up on more parts as stuff rolls in. New choke cable, new drums, new shoes, new brake res came today. Also had a new suicide knob come in.

Also my project this week has been complete redoing my grill. Sanded down, repainted and also hand painted the Chevrolet. Its still a bit beat up but much better looking.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
Bomp

Welcome.
Sweet truck.
Sub'd
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote