The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2004, 06:17 PM   #26
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Hey man, good luck to you. Some people think that having kids is the hardest thing in life. I have to disagree, everyday I am working hard on my marriage. Some days it just seems like I'm walking on eggshells, other days I feel like I don't exist. I know my wife still loves me but this last year has been extremely difficult and taxing on our relationship. We are working hard to try to salvage what we have and are trying to make it work (especially because we have two boys). Sometimes though it is easier to just let go.

I hope it works out for you man. Sorry to hear the news but keep your chin up. Time usually heals all wounds.

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 06:21 PM   #27
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

Dusti- Sorry to hear about your wife- even if she wasn't any good for you it never feels good to put yourself into a marriage and have it all end. Hang in there- not all women are bad I am a damn good wife to my husband- look I'm on the Chevy board for GOD SAKES Good luck to you and.....DON"T listen to MAC67!!! If you are going to grab a handfull of something to hang onto DON'T let it be "38 C's" My GOD!!!! Get yourself some "32 D's" HA! HA! Hang in buddy!
Diane

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:24 PM   #28
Blue Beard

Well, we're waiting.............did she come home.........?
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:38 PM   #29
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

i was shootin kinda low wasnt i ha ha ha,, double d's would be kool
MAC67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 11:00 PM   #30
Spoof

I've always found it good policy not to get too attached to a wife. Makes it a lot easier that way.

I'm definitley not dissing women here, they're great human beings for the most part, I'm a big fan of them even apart from the obvious reasons.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:58 PM   #31
imdarren

Diane,
Your husband is a lucky guy!
My wife and I have a good strong relationship, but I tell ya what, If she showed any intrest in my hobbies (like it seems you do with yours) she would be even that much better!
ANY MAN WHO HAS A WOMAN THAT LIKES THINGS HE LIKES IS LUCKY INDEED!!!!!

Darren

1967 Chevy C10 LWB Rodstoration In Progress.
1972 K20 Cheyenne Super
imdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:18 AM   #32
Dusti
Not Dusti,just Bob

Smile

Thanks for all the reply's,it must be something going around Three people I work with that got a divorce in the last year.

We have 1 boy that is 4 years old and he wants to live with me so the wife said he would be able to as long as she wont have to pay child support,so I have ageed to that,I don't want my son around the people she wants to hang out with,It maybe ruff for awhile but I think we will ok without her.

MAC67, 38's are kinda small,the ex had 42's

I dont think I have had a post on here that had over a thousand people look at it.

Now if I could just change my screen name on here I would be happy,Dusti is my wifes name,I set her up on here so she could get info and buy parts for the truck I bought her.

Well atleast I can look for that swb truck that I have wanted and not hear any *****ing about WHAT DO WE NEED ANOTHER TRUCK FOR.

Thanks for all the support
Bob Weber
Old 01-20-2004, 02:32 AM   #33
imdarren

Bob,
Consider yourself a lucky guy!
Not too many mothers would let the father keep the child.
That is a VERY VERY good thing.
There is not a more helpless feeling than seeing your ex wife teach the things SHE feels are important, or worse yet does NOT teach him the things he needs taught, and you have no control!

So be grateful you have that little guy.
Please spend as much time with him now as you can he will be a really sad little guy for a while. He will feel beter each day also.
Don't ever speak bad about his mother in front of him. Even though it's difficult not to sometimes.
Children have an unconditional love for their parents, and don't like them bashing each other.
Hang in there! And spend some quality time with that little guy (don't spoil him though).
You and your little buddy will have a great future together!

Take care of yourself Bob!

Darren

1972 K20 Cheyenne Super
Old 01-20-2004, 02:40 AM   #34
Brad
Out of the carpool lane.

I second what Darren said! Hang in there.

1968 C-10 SWB, 5.7 Vortec/700R4/3.73 posi, Torch Red
1968 Camaro, 250/Powerglide, all original (No, I'm not gonna drop a 350 in it!...Jeez!)
2000 Honda VFR in the faster yellow!
2008 Husqvarna TE-610

1967 C-10 SWB 'Six Appeal'-Gone but not forgotten...

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 03:31 PM   #35
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

Bob- Now I know what I think of your "wife" Any woman who would agree to give over custody as long as she doesn't pay child support is a LOSER in my opinion- That 4 year old boy is lucky to have a father like you! Give him all the love you have!! Sounds like his mom is lacking some serious moral fiber!-
On a lighter note the number before the bra cup size is how big around the womans back is-- hence 42 DD's are on a fat woman where as 36 DD's would be on Pamela Anderson! You choose!!! Ha Ha! Good luck and take care of that little boy!

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 04:17 PM   #36
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

wow diane you are a wealth of information ,, we need a bra size room goin ,, ha ha ha,, ok i change my answer ,, im goin with 36 dd's and thats my final answer!!!!!! ,, and its good you have got youre son , i know it would be hell if i couldnt be around my son , but luckily me and my wife have one of the best relationships i have evr seen
Old 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM   #37
dtlilly
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by Dusti
...so the wife said he would be able to as long as she wont have to pay child support, so I have ageed to that...
Get your lawyer NOW. Make sure you get a court order giving you custody. You don't want some fickle bitc# changing her mind every couple years tearing your boy from a stable home. Good luck, the hardest part hasn't come yet. We are all here for you if you need a sounding board.

Just ask Josh or another board admin, and they can change your screen name for you. I vote for Not-dusti's, lol.
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 04:42 PM   #38
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

I agree with dtlilly completely. Have it done legally so there are no misunderstandings down the road. You need to look out for the best interest of your son, and if your wife wants to make it really hard for you down the road she could if it's not done right. As always the children suffer most in a broken marriage. Parents can be real bastards and not even realize or not care how much they may hurt their children. So definately hire a lawyer and do it right. I've been through this game before and I don't know your wife but from what I've read she sounds like she could be a shady type and try to play games with you even if it means going through your son.

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 04:57 PM   #39
rambler
MOVE OVER

Good luck to you as well, I am in the same situation, except she is leaving me for the couch,, hasnt spoken to me for several weeks, and havent had any "loving" in months... but with 3 kids, and I know she would take me to the cleaners.. I've been taking it.. now what did I do? not sure expect ask her to go to marriage counseling... she doesnt work,, but is never home.. go figure... anyway good luck and do your best.. and I agree with dtilly get a lawyer and get it in writing!
Old 01-20-2004, 05:02 PM   #40
Burnsman
Chevy Freak

The big ones.........

I've seen 42 DD's .......and they weren't on a fat woman............great, now I can't concentrate on work............
73 Camaro, 496
67 RS Camaro, 406
64 Chevelle, 588
71 Nova, 565
67 Camaro, 461
Burnsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:08 PM   #41
smitty62

don't like them big and floppy--my hands are small--give me 32B's anytime!

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

smitty62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:13 PM   #42
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

get her to sign custody quick. the law is that YOU dont get to ask for child support the boy is entitled to it.the law will not allow her not to pay it as its the childs entitlement not yours or hers. the only way she can get away without paying child support is if she will agree for you to give up all rights to the child and that may be a stretch. if you were a ny or nj resident id gladly serve the papers for ya and i have some good attorneys for ya good luck tho all of you goin through this

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:20 PM   #43
Slams_58
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by 1970blazin
Dusti- Sorry to hear about your wife- even if she wasn't any good for you it never feels good to put yourself into a marriage and have it all end. Hang in there- not all women are bad I am a damn good wife to my husband- look I'm on the Chevy board for GOD SAKES Good luck to you and.....DON"T listen to MAC67!!! If you are going to grab a handfull of something to hang onto DON'T let it be "38 C's" My GOD!!!! Get yourself some "32 D's" HA! HA! Hang in buddy!
Diane
Amen!!! We aren't all bad! I've been on the board for a while..I take an active interest In Tim's truck..... And now I have a truck that is EVEN COOLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel that if you share common ground... the marriage is a good one. If you can't find that ground..then it's a constant fight. I personally love being in grease to my elbows along side of my hubby!!! It'll be even better when it's my 58 we're working on tho!

Oh and yeah...like Diane said...skip the weinie lil C's and go for a good pair of D's!!!!!!
Slams_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:52 PM   #44
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

ok im sorry , i will stop posting in this thread after i do this one thing , trying to get his mind off of it ,, if anything will this will ,,,,,,

42 dd's ,, we doen neeeed no stinkinggg 42 dd's,,

sorrrryyy had to blow em all out of the water ,, by showin a pair in the water ,, ha ha ha
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2004, 06:58 PM   #45
TexLonghorn

Bummer
Old 01-20-2004, 09:50 PM   #46
TsgtE662
2A674 Tank Rat

I agree with whats been said so far,
1. Get a good lawyer as soon as possible,
2. Get the custody agreement in the divorce decree,
3. For her to not pay Child Support she will have to sign over all legal rights for the child. Which also means she willnot have any legal say in anything concerning the child.
4. You will then be allowed to claim the child on income taxes, not her.
5. Try to agree on some sort of visitations if the above isn't possible ( waiving of legal rights of the child)
6. The Judge / Family Court will most likely require a family plan for the child. Thats easy. Just explain that you fully intend to maintain proper rearing of the child in school and provide for the child in every way expected of a parent. You may need to get in detailed about it. Your lawyer can/will explain that further.
7. This one is very important also. Get a notebook binder and set it up for logging notes on everything she does that concerns the child. What she provides, does to and/or for the child, including problems she causes or tries to cause that you can proove. This was suggested by my attorney and my kids attorney when we were in Family Court recently. ( I completed a custody battle May '01 after 3.5 yearsand $22,000+, I did get custody of both of them. She dug her own hole and burried her self in it. )
No matter how much you think, Oh I don't need to keep a log or notes for anything. Trust me it may come in handy to remind yourself of things that happened that she did or even that the child told you. It won't be admissible in court but will werve as a reminder to you on dates and times of incidents.
My kids are doing just fine in case any of you ask. And my Ex? Haven't heard from her since. The kids hardly ever ask about her. The Court hasn't heard from her either. The custody situation happened 10 years after the divorce and the first thing my lawyer asked me was do I have any notes with dates and times of anything she did to or with the kids. It can help you.
I feel for ya, but now you need to concentrate on your son and taking care of him, and your lively-hood for the future. When he asks questions, which he will, only explain things to him that he is old enough to understand and has a "need to know" at that time. My current wife and I went through hell thanks to my Ex but we stuck through it and came out fine. Poorer than we would be, but everybody is fine now and doing great. Both my kids are on the honor rolls in school which they never were with her.
Take care of your son, do for him before anyone else.
Take Care and Good Luck.
Mike

'92 GMC Sierra, Sportside, 2wd, 350, Black
'92 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 4 x 4, Blue
USAFR = 2A674 = Aircraft Fuel Systems Maintenance
i.e. Tank Rat
TsgtE662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:36 AM   #47
Jeff M.

Bob, thats good info Mike gave. I absolutely agree, get a lawyer asap. My ex left after 17 years. I got the kids.....really don't think she wanted them......just tried to use them to get a better settlement. I knew she would never pay me support so the attorney added that she couldn't ask for spousal support and in turn I couldn't ask for child support. She agreed to that. Kids haven't seen or talked to her for 3 years now........but I got them through high school and are now both in college. Be tough and things will get better as time goes by. Jeff
Old 01-21-2004, 02:40 AM   #48
imdarren

Bob,
I am going through some custody stuff right now also.
I am working with a great Lawyer in Vancouver.
He will work with whatever financial schedule you need.
I'm with the others above. I know it's not fun. But trust me!
You need a lawyer NOW! Before she changes her mind. And trust me she will. Just as soon as she decides she wants some money from you.
Let me know. I'm just down the street. I'll hook you up with my Lawyer. He will definatly make sure you come out a winner!
Send me a PM, or email me and I'll give his name if interested.
Also. Listen to what TsgtE662 said above on item #7!!!!!
Keeping a log is VERY VERY important!!!!!
If you have a good journal it stands up in court like GOLD!
Since your boy is so young, some day you will need all that stuff that was recorded in your journal. TRUST ME!!!!! DO IT!!!

Take care!

Darren
darrengale67@hotmail.com

1972 K20 Cheyenne Super

Last edited by imdarren; 01-21-2004 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:09 AM   #49
Smokin72on20s
Ebay Junky

is that picture of those girls photoshoped? there is no way someone has boobs that big...
Old 01-21-2004, 03:40 AM   #50
Russell
Professional Grade

I can't believe you even asked that Smokin :P

Sorry, but I think that we all know that those can't possibly be real, lol