The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2016, 05:10 PM   #1
Bullett

Weatherstrip questions 62' c10

Ok, I have been looking to buy all new weatherstripping for my truck, I was thinking of the precision brand that people on this site have recommended. I was going to order it through jc whitney but their part descriptions are so poor, can't really figure out if I'm ordering exactly what I need. Does anyone have a good place to order good quality kits at reasonable prices? At this point, I am looking for the vent window kits and all the door window glass weatherstripping, inside and out and all the glass run channel? Has anyone bought the whole complete kit from Jc Whitney, it even has the windshield and rear window seals as well? I guess my question is, does this complete kit (part # 481978) have every door window and vent window weatherstrip/seals that I need. Also, looking at my doors, there are no weather strips on the doors at all that seal the door to the cab, just the seal that runs the perimeter of the door opening on the cab. Should the doors have some type of seals on them? I can't see any place or provisions on the doors that would suggest there should be seals.
Bullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
bhc41051

Re: Weatherstrip questions 62' c10

That looks like the kit you need, Just make sure you buy the correct windshield gasket (with or without the chrome molding). I believe the weatherstrip at the top of the doors was 60 or 60-61 only. The strip glued on with tiny clip/screw at each end. I believe there's a diagram in the build manual.
bhc41051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #3
Nsanehotrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett View Post
Ok, I have been looking to buy all new weatherstripping for my truck, I was thinking of the precision brand that people on this site have recommended. I was going to order it through jc whitney but their part descriptions are so poor, can't really figure out if I'm ordering exactly what I need. Does anyone have a good place to order good quality kits at reasonable prices? At this point, I am looking for the vent window kits and all the door window glass weatherstripping, inside and out and all the glass run channel? Has anyone bought the whole complete kit from Jc Whitney, it even has the windshield and rear window seals as well? I guess my question is, does this complete kit (part # 481978) have every door window and vent window weatherstrip/seals that I need. Also, looking at my doors, there are no weather strips on the doors at all that seal the door to the cab, just the seal that runs the perimeter of the door opening on the cab. Should the doors have some type of seals on them? I can't see any place or provisions on the doors that would suggest there should be seals.
We sell and install Precision weatherstripping. I just installed a set on my personal '62 C10 last month. Give us a call tomorrow and I will make sure you get everything you need!
Tennessee's #1 HotRod Shop!
Nsanehotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:55 PM   #4
Bullett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsanehotrodz View Post
We sell and install Precision weatherstripping. I just installed a set on my personal '62 C10 last month. Give us a call tomorrow and I will make sure you get everything you need!
Just ordered my complete precision seal kit from your lovely lady that took my order. Thanks. Wish you guys were closer to Maine, I would bring my truck to your shop and have my whole suspension/brakes/axles modernized.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:08 AM   #5
Nsanehotrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett View Post
Just ordered my complete precision seal kit from your lovely lady that took my order. Thanks. Wish you guys were closer to Maine, I would bring my truck to your shop and have my whole suspension/brakes/axles modernized.
We can always have your truck shipped to TN! Thanks for the order if we can help with anything else let me know!
Old 01-05-2016, 05:06 PM   #6
Bullett

[QUOTE=Nsanehotrodz;7435681]We can always have your truck shipped to TN! Thanks for the order if we can help with anything else let me know
Ironically, I bought my truck a year and a half ago in Labanon tenn. and had it shipped to Maine.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:42 PM   #7
com375

Clean truck. Not a fan of a lot of chrome but that looks good.
com375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:45 PM   #8
Nsanehotrodz

[quote=Bullett;7436230]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsanehotrodz View Post
We can always have your truck shipped to TN! Thanks for the order if we can help with anything else let me know
Ironically, I bought my truck a year and a half ago in Labanon tenn. and had it shipped to Maine.
I guess its time to send the truck back home to TN