The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
MLB57

LMC stepped up!!!

My fuel tank had started leaking explained that it was 4 yrs old but only had 6 or so tanks of fuel ran in it. Handed me a new tank and I paid the 16$ difference in price cant beat there customer service on this deal.
Posted via Mobile Device
MLB57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #2
72 Super

Re: LMC stepped up!!!

That is great to know.

Ray
Old 11-10-2016, 08:42 PM   #3
LongBox

Nice to hear that good customer service is alive and well.

-69 GMC 910 Long Box, 350
-98 Chev Silverado 1500, 350 Vortec 4L60e
-08 Mustang GT Convertible
LongBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

You're lucky you live close enough to walk in. Used fuel tanks can't be shipped.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:04 AM   #5
MLB57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 Super View Post
That is great to know.

Ray
They did not want the old tank back because it had gas in it told me to trash it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #6
BILT4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You're lucky you live close enough to walk in. Used fuel tanks can't be shipped.
They can be shipped. You need to air them out in the hot sun for several days, maybe even rinse them with rubbing alcohol. Then stretch wrap the heck out of them and band them to a pallet or stick it in a well protected box.

I had one shipped for my Land Cruiser from GA to KS without any issues. It sat out long enough there was no gasoline odor. The seller and I discussed how to do it prior to the attempt. I was not in a hurry and we worked out the time frame.

Ship them as auto parts. There was nothing hazardous left when we were done. Yes, I could have lit a match and dropped it in there........without it going BOOM!
Old 11-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #7
74baggedbug

I shipped a carb back to the manufacturer and honestly I could smell the gas fumes but they didn't tell me anything at the post office
74baggedbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:13 PM   #8
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB57 View Post
My fuel tank had started leaking explained that it was 4 yrs old but only had 6 or so tanks of fuel ran in it. Handed me a new tank and I paid the 16$ difference in price cant beat there customer service on this deal.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wonder would they would have done if you lived 800 miles away and shipping costs were involved ?

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:31 AM   #9
Acorn

Just curious, where was it leaking?
Old 11-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #10
MLB57

it was leaking at the neck were it goes into the tank. they ran that part number and found 2 tanks had been returned in 2012 for leaking, that helped my case for the return.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #11
dmjlambert

I received a box of stuff from LMC, and included was a tail light lens that was broken. I emailed them a picture of it and asked what we could do, and they immediately shipped another. They didn't ask for the bad one back. I was impressed with their customer service. I know there are stories about bad stuff from LMC or stuff that doesn't fit, but I've also had bad stuff from Napa, O'Reilly, and Autozone. I'm not convinced LMC is bad.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #12
kcsa75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB57 View Post
They did not want the old tank back because it had gas in it told me to trash it
Posted via Mobile Device
You should see some of the stuff LMC throws away. I have a kid that picks up metal for recycling from time to time. He goes dumpster diving at LMC at night and gives me first shot at anything he finds. It's like a scratch and dent sale at the appliance store. He's given me a perfectly good Cheyenne tailgate band, nerf bars for a late model truck and a few other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
I received a box of stuff from LMC, and included was a tail light lens that was broken. I emailed them a picture of it and asked what we could do, and they immediately shipped another. They didn't ask for the bad one back. I was impressed with their customer service. I know there are stories about bad stuff from LMC or stuff that doesn't fit, but I've also had bad stuff from Napa, O'Reilly, and Autozone. I'm not convinced LMC is bad.

Like MLB57, I live just minutes from the LMC counter. I've always had pretty good luck with LMC. No problems here.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.

Last edited by kcsa75; 11-12-2016 at 01:53 PM.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #13
Lemield

Over the years, I have had nothing but good luck with LMC when a return was involved. I think that they do their best to provide good customer service.

1949 Willys CJ2A, Kubota Turbo Diesel engine, Warn Overdrive, 11 inch brakes, 12volt, Warn M8000 Winch "Little Green"
1970 Rustoleum Roller Red C20 Custom Camper 454 TH400 "Big Red"
1971 K20 6.2 Turbo Diesel 4x4 4spd Ranger Overdrive "Pumpkin Wagon"
2005 VW Beetle Diesel 44+ MPG "Silver Bullet"
Lemield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILT4ME View Post
They can be shipped. You need to air them out in the hot sun for several days, maybe even rinse them with rubbing alcohol. Then stretch wrap the heck out of them and band them to a pallet or stick it in a well protected box.

I had one shipped for my Land Cruiser from GA to KS without any issues. It sat out long enough there was no gasoline odor. The seller and I discussed how to do it prior to the attempt. I was not in a hurry and we worked out the time frame.

Ship them as auto parts. There was nothing hazardous left when we were done. Yes, I could have lit a match and dropped it in there........without it going BOOM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74baggedbug View Post
I shipped a carb back to the manufacturer and honestly I could smell the gas fumes but they didn't tell me anything at the post office
You can ship paint, alcohol, washed out gas tanks... all sorts of things that are on the list of things they don't ship, if they don't know. I was just saying shippers won't ship them. If someone wants to try to sneak one by them, that's their business. I guess they do ship freight? Never looked to ship one, but noticed they were on the no-no list places I've dealt with. I know LMC wouldn't want to have anything to do with that.

I think the complaint people have with LMC is their lack of involvement in the vehicles they sell parts for. Not such good customer support when it comes to info needed up front before the purchase. All they seem to know is what it says in the catalog, which you can read for yourself. I don't like some of their exclusive parts, such as '72 door panels. They are replacement quality. Why not make restoration quality? Pretty much everything else reproduced is made to replicate the original part. Why on earth make a door panel that is almost a reproduction, almost a replica, but only similar? That's the kind of stuff JC Whitney would sell. That's great to have them where you can drive in and buy the parts. I wish I had that. But, for the rest of all the people they mass market their catalogs to, it sucks to get the wrong thing, damaged, won't fit, or an inferior part. Some of that could happen with any vendor. That's why I'd buy from someone who "knows" the part they are sending is exactly what I need. Not only has the answers, but knows what to ask if I don't.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-15-2016 at 09:24 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote