The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-14-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
Bowed

Bast@rds

My wife and I took our new Buick out for the very first time today . Went for a little ride to try it out and were enjoying the new experience , playing with all the gadgets and remarking how cold the AC was . We had no problems until we stoped at Circuit City to pick up some things and when we came out the car had an 18 inch scratch on the rear bumper . The scratch is so bad the bumper will have to be repainted . I was so Pi$$ed , if I had seen them do it I would have gone after them . So many people today don't give a hoot about any one elses property , you see them in parking lots pushing their carts onto other cars , banging their doors into yours and on & on and its perfectly OK with them . How about you guys , any one nail your car or truck the first day or the first week ? were you lucky enough to catch them ?
Bowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:45 AM   #2
Smokin86

That sucks.

Last year, I came out of church with my mom and sister and there was a huge dent in my passenger door. Somebody pushed in the body line. I had a body shop look at it. They said it would be probably cheaper to find a new door than to fix the dent.

During Christmas a lady backed into my passenger bedside at the post office. Little under 800 bucks worth of damage. Mind you, 800 bucks was a cash favor from somebody i know.

Not going to fix any of it until i move off of campus. I don't want have it repainted and dent free until I quit parking in student lots at college. Talk about people not caring. Holy crap.

My theory is park and walk.

1986 Silverado with some things upgraded.

Currently living in Arlington, TX going to school.
Smokin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:56 AM   #3
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

That does suck for sure. I would be sick.

I had a 68 Plymouth Roadrunner once, a long time ago. It wasn't new, but I had just had it painted. Went to a shopping center. Come out and pass a group of low lifes coming in the door by me, looking back and laughing. I asked the wife what's up with them nuts. They weren't laughing at me, but at something in the parking lot. So, anyway, I go home and walked by the back of the car. There was fair sized dent in my rear bumper, that hadn't been there before. I'm guessing this bunch had hit my car and this was what they were laughing about. BTW, I remember there was a POS tank Cadillac Deville parked right beside my car at the time.

It amazes me how these jerks think. They can't or won't have anything nice and they don't want anyone else to have it either.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:18 AM   #4
Bowed

Funny part is I always go out of my way to park in the safest spots , I always grab the spots near an island so only one car can park next to me or go to the middle or end of the parking lot and walk the extra distance , never park down grade of another car ( swinging doors ) but they still find me , just like they find all of us .
Bowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:37 AM   #5
eamims

My trucks been hit by doors a few times, luckily nothing major. But get this for gratuitous damage:

My dad and I went to the mall theater and parked in a huge parking lot that was full of cars (we had a car on either side). We never saw anyone around, had no 'beef' with anyone so to say, and when we came out of the theater, someone had drop kicked both the side view mirrors off our Toyota Avalon...and I mean big time damage. They actually took the time to walk around to the other side of the car and take care of the other mirror!
eamims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:45 AM   #6
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowed
Funny part is I always go out of my way to park in the safest spots , I always grab the spots near an island ....
I try that too. What's sad is some butt head always parks right next to me. You have people that do not care what the POS they drive looks like. It really bothers them that you care, and they make it a point try to annoy you.

I had parked away from everyone at a pancake house one morning. This idiot pulls up right beside me. I move the car down a couple spots and while I am moving the freaking moron tells my wife. I don't know what the big deal is, it's just a car.

Hmmm? Lets look at this. He was driving an old, tired, faded, dented Taraus, and we were driving a brand new Toronado Trofeo. Yeah, those are about equal in value....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:01 AM   #7
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Okay - you pushed a button here - - - - I don't think there's a whole lot that burns me more than this kind of blatant disrespect for other people's stuff...

I came home one time after a weekend to find that some punks had tagged my old '77 Silverado on the driver's side with a marker. Sure, the truck was a rust bucket by that time, but that shouldn't matter - - IT'S NOT YOURS - - SO KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF IT !!!!!! I told my wife that they were lucky I wasn't home when it happened. Truthfully, it's probably good I wasn't. It would most likely be me getting arrested, for feeding some kid an aluminum baseball bat.

I realize these are just physical possessions and can be replaced, but it just really burns me how people think it is somehow their right to mess with other peoples stuff. I can almost begin to understand theft (maybe to feed your family or something), but senseless vandalism is just unconscionable.

OK, now you've got me all up set....

Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:12 AM   #8
cdowns

yeah i had an experience like that the last time i had a brand new truck less than a week old,parked in a lot WAYY away from anyone else at least 15spots away from any other cars , came out in time to see a young girl(blonde) pull in right next to the truck and wipe out the rear bumper her attitude was why was i upset it was only a truck and she was driving a caddy and her daddy's caddy got hurt so it must of nbeen the trucks fault !!!
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:06 AM   #9
rickspickuppart
Account Suspended

jerks

It happened to us one time at "World of Wheels" (with the 34 ford I have on ebay link )while the car was entered in the show we had the drivers door opened so it could be judged, and some guy took his two kids and stood them up on the running board so he could take pictures of them standing on the car. The worst part was they had to move the "please don't touch" sign to get up there, the wieght didn't damage the fiberglass but it still had to have scratches rubbed out. And when we voiced our dis-like the looked at us like we were crazy - some people have no idea what we all go through to have nice stuff.

Shawn
rickspickuppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:11 AM   #10
Smokin86

The guy that lives across the street from me is a total crack head. One night, he got my driver side with two eggs. My friend was over and was laughing at me until he looked at his car. The crack head had hit every car parked on the curb on my street. My truck got hit and my friends car got hit, plus all my neighbors' cars. Really sucked.

1986 Silverado with some things upgraded.

Currently living in Arlington, TX going to school.
Smokin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #11
78chevstepside

Iam always carefull where I park . Willing to walk the extra mile to avoid parking next to people who drive cars that seem not to care about other peoples property. I came to the conclusion that they will park next to you because they think your truck is lonely and want company. I also wonder why they make so many compact spaces. another thing to avoid. Grocery stores with inclined parking lots. Runaway grocery carts wipe out cars and trucks. I drive black trucks looking at them wrong can scratch them.
78chevstepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:26 AM   #12
charlieo

Back around 1983 I had my 72 4x4 pickup painted the original color with Imron (medium green chevy calls it ) It looked great and it still does. I was real aware who parked next to me . One day I was at NAPA and noticed an older man had parked next to me a little close . Sure enough he had opened his door on mine ! Man I was pissed ! At the time I was into bodybuilding big time and was on the juice . When your on steroids your just looking for someone to look at you wrong. I went inside and called him outside to show him what he did . He didn't start anything with me but he really wasn't very sorry either . I learned to look for the parking spaces nobody else goes to and still keep an eye out for your property .
charlieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:52 PM   #13
The Dude

i always park in a wide open area. this is for two reasons, one being so that no one cant hit the truck, and two being that it is soo hard to find a parking spot that the truck can make it in and out opf very easily. and i live in pheonix and even when it hit 115* outside i dont care it worth the extra couple hundred feet, plus exercise is always good!

it really ticks me off when people just dont even respect things. i know whenever i get out of a car in a tight parking situation i always put my finger inbetween the edge of the doot and the other car, their car might get a finger print on it but hell that better than a ding or a scratch!!
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:12 PM   #14
3100 special
Street Rod Dreamin'

Once I was just walking into house of beverages> in Pearland and was a guy that had a bit too much back into a lady's RX7. She was just walking out and freaked. The guy (in some plumber comapny van) just took off. At the time I had just bought a 70's model El Camino that ran like a scalded ape. I told her to jump in and we followed the guy all the way up to the north side of Houston then, all the way back to the south side. The whole time we had HPD on the phone conveying the information. We stayed a distance behind and the guy didn't even know we were trailing for the longest. Once he realized we were, he doubled back towards south Houston. Once an officer finally got involved and pulled him over, another plumbing vehicle pulled up almost immediately. The guy must have been calling for help.
I gave a statement but, was never contacted. I guess there was no disputing what happened!
I was years ago but, I'm still happy about that time. There's too many people that pull that crap and get away with it. It bites.
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
Benjamin Franklin, On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor, November 1776
3100 special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:19 PM   #15
GM72K10
Next!

Right after I bought my FIRST brand new car, an 80 ElCamino Super Sport, I pulled into a Wendy's to get something to eat. As I'm walking in, an older 4 door sedan pulls up beside me with 4 older women, who proceed to open the passenger side door into my BRAND NEW FINANCED CAR, look at it like its no big deal, and walk away. I was so speechless I couldn't say any thing. Some people care, some people don't!
86 K30 C&C 6.2 4:56s, 4M, 11,000 gvw, ex fire truck, now lowboy dump
More square bodies and CUCVs than I care to admit to
2020 Silverado K3500HD Work truck
GM72K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:29 PM   #16
jescates

I remember once...long time ago. I was 6 or so, maybe 7. I was with my dad in his pride and joy, 1966 Biscayne. We were in front of Piggly Wiggly outside of Fort Worth, TX. A lady pulled up next to us and pushed her car door open wide and hit the passenger side of our car. Probably wouldn't been to bad, but when my dad said, "excuse me lady, could you be a little more carefull," she sneered at him and just walked on by. My dad got out of the car and went around to her driver side and waited. As she walked up, dad proceeded to put his size 13 boot to use and left one hell of a dent in her car door. Her car was a brand new Caddy. Dad came around and got in the car and proceeded to lecture me on why you should be carefull when parking near other cars. I got the hint at a young age.
2013 Buick Enclave
jescates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:47 PM   #17
BillGent
Pretty But Evil Doggy Woggy.

I used to go nuts at dents on my new cars... had one old man who could barely walk slam his door into my brand new Nissan once. He didnt mean to..and Im gonna be old someday, so what do you do? Ive decided my new car days are behind me now. I want to own the car.. I dont want it to own ME anymore.
BillGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:24 AM   #18
Hotrod70C10
Low & Slow

There have been two times that this happened to me. Not in my truck though.... In my gt mustang is what the following things are about.
I used to be a manager at a local store and always parked it out front where i could see it. Well.. I got my first out of the only 2 door dings from a stupid B#$%@ in a geo storm that looked like it had been rolled and was missing the door locks. She then comes into the store where i proceded to tear her a new one for banging her door into my car. The second one happend in another parking lot. I walked into a store for maybe 5 min's and came back out only to find a nice mark that was color matched to the car next to me, on my door almost in the same spot as the first one that i stated above. By the way, The other car had paint that matched mine on the edge of the door. Well.... this one was worse and I was already in a bad mood. I turned and kicked the S@$T out of the door of the car next too me it looked like hell. OK, I know i'm gonna get flamed for this. This happend a long time ago and I actually feel bad for losing my temper.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:06 PM   #19
68 Stepside
huh?

A few years ago I was working at the gas station here in town, and was driving a 95 Thunderbird LX 4.6. It was a damn nice looking car, not a scratch on it, and I always kept it looking sweet, because it really was a nice car.... Anyway, I always parked in the last parking spot on the south edge of the lot, with the exception of this night. I was late getting into work, so I had to park 1 spot in from the driveway, which kinda bugged me anyways, as I had just washed and waxed the car that day....and I didn't want all kinds of dust all over it.

At the end of the night (midnight), I walked out to my car and noticed it was sitting cocked, and the rearend was taking up part of the spot next to it. I didn't remember parking like that....and as I walked closer, I could see that someone had smashed into the drivers side quarter panel....literally moved the car about 3 feet over. Of course they drove off, and I never did find out who was responsible. Dishonest, irresponsible, stupid drivers really piss me off.

And we wonder why insurance rates are so high.....
Things we said today.

RIP El Jay
68 Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:44 PM   #20
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

[QUOTE=BillGent]
Quote:
I want to own the car.. I dont want it to own ME anymore.
AMEN to that BillGent
last winter the guy that plows our lot hit my wifes car in the pass. front fender & said nothing to her. She was in the lot 2 spaces over helping her mother get a van started.
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:34 PM   #21
hobby67stepside

I am so glad I live in the middle of nowhere. When I do to a big (for me) town like Des Moines (which is actually small compared to where most of you guys are) I'm just careful. I think here in the midwest there are still a lot of considerate people.
    '78 K20 4X4 400 eng
    '70 Boss 302 (owner for 27 years)
    '57 Ford shortbox 383 stroker TH350 tranny
    '23 T-bucket (built in '78)
    '02 Explorer
    '67 C-10 short step
NW Iowa
hobby67stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 02:17 AM   #22
southernmutt33

you know my junk might only be a truck or car to other people, but they are mine....i own them, i paid for them, cash no finacing....now some are nice others are rough..but they are mine...i know every ding an or dent on them. i park my old truck out in the back 40 because of small parking spots....but the car i park up front....an i always have a big screwdriver in either one...if i hit or ding somebody car or truck, i wait for them to come out an i take care of the problem, now i have never had to do this but it was the way i was raised. an if im close to sombody elses, i put a hand inbetween the door an the other car...i have raised my 2 girls the same way..an will kick there butts if they dont.. my vechicles are my babies...an im not above going to jail over somebody messing with my babies...just my 2 cents......

if ya cant afford to buy it, then be hillbilly enough to build it, it's cheaper to build it anyway.....

be a man, stand up to your women an tell them your the boss, an if she dont like that, then ask her if she needs help around the house...

http://public.fotki.com/southernmutt33/

84 GMC 454, 3/4 soon to be a dually with one ton suspension.
60 1/2, lwb stepside..for sale
98 taurus, ugliest body stlye ford ever built, but dependable family car.
73 vistaliner, cab over, newest toy, reason for turnin 3/4 into 1 ton
southernmutt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:07 AM   #23
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

when i was in high school i drove a primer black 55 2 door sedan , alot like the two lane blacktop car , P.S. IM NOT OLD JUST 24" haha anyways , the first week i drove it i ran it with the hood off ,, i thought it looked cool , well one day whle i was in school some little drug strickin kid who didnt have the brains to build it himself thought he would make it so i couldnt drive it , he switched all my plug wires around and then hit it right beside the headlight with a golf club !! , well after cranking it once i new what had happened and i ran the firing order back down then noticed the 9 iron dent , a couple kids came up to me that saw him do it ,, needles to say no one in school had to ask him why he was wearing the nose brace the rest f the week and where the black eyes came from ,, as a matter of fact i saw this same kids name in the paper last week ,, he has come really far in the world , it said he was at a party when i fight broke out of drugs , he got stabbed 6 times and still survived !!!! i have no tolorance for stupidity
MAC67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:38 AM   #24
Stanford
WILLY FOR PRESIDENT!!

Peoples lack of respect for others and their belongings these day is sickening. What happens if everyone of these redisrespectful punks are like the one Mac talked about and never grows up or stays in drugs. This country is going to go to hell in a hand basket real fast. Im from a small rural community in Kansas and have been blessed that I haven't had to deal with stuff like that. There have been a few kids get into trouble for some stupid **** they have pulled, and all but one or two have staightened up. I haven't had anything to me, but I know if I walked out of some place and my truck wasn't the way I left and nobody bothered to tell me I'd be just has pissed as the rest of you.

Stanford

'67 C/10 FOR SALE!! $600, runs, strait grill, good parts, or beater truck
'68 GMC K25, 4x4, current project
'71 Custom/10, Crate 350, My Baby!!
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Stanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:52 AM   #25
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

bad thing is stanford i too am from a small rural community but this is becoming the hot bed for drug users because of the main ingriediant in this new crysal meth ,, anhydrous amonia , farmers have 1000 gal tanks of this stuff hoked to the backs of theyre tractors everyhere , i can count 3 of them sitting across the road from me right now , and these kids are coming from big cities trying to steal this stuff , had a local county cop stop some kids from a big city just north of here about an hour for messing around the local fs fertalizer plant , when the cop walked up to the window the kids threw the amonia they had just stolen into his face , he is really lucky there was another officer there to help him get his breath back , hes lucky he survived , its getting bad everywhere ,,, and stanford , willy has my vote , as long as hank can be vice!!!!!!!!
MAC67 is offline   Reply With Quote