The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
67 CST GUY

Post im an idiot...ahahaha

this morning i put rotors and pads on my winter beater (85 k car), then me and a bud went to check out a place where we mt.bike...wanted to see if there was a lot of snow left, anyways..on the way back into town we saw some fattie mud bogs...maybe a foot deep..so not huge but for a pos k car they are..i roasted through with my buddy. it was hilarious...some dirt bikers were watching too, and after a few passes we left..bout a min later i had a flat....and i left the jack and tire iron in the shop from earlier in the day using it for the brakes...so i was screwed...we walked into some guys yard and asked for a jack..i felt like such a moron but i had to suck it up..the guy was really nice and lent me a set of sockets and floor jack..i got the spare on...and it was a full size...i was soo pumped..and made it back into town..im going to dropa 6 pack off on the guys door step i think...but yeah..thought i would share that..
67 CST GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 09:30 PM   #2
69 longhorn

Playin is fun......but you alway gotta pay the piper!!!!.........69
Old 04-06-2002, 09:37 PM   #3
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

Lol, i ran out of gas yesterday. I stopped at the convience store to get a donut before school (Breakfast of Chamnpions ), and just as i was pulling out into the road, my truck died. I coasted into a parking lot, poped my hood and my fuel filter was clear. I walked about 50 feet back to the gas station, and asked if i could borrow a cup or something to put gas in. Man, i felt like a dumbass! They told me it was illegal to put gas in a cup (?). Luckily, some older guy loaned me a gas can and i was able to put $2 in it and drive to school .

------------------
Lucas

"Another proud owner of one of the coolest trucks ever built"

drop_shift@hotmail.com

My Daily-Driver: '72 Chevy LWB Custom/10. Rebuilt 350, 300 HP thanks to a few go-fast goodies. Ochre with a white top. Future plans include TBI fuel injection, a 700R4 tranny, and possibly some 3.73 rear gears.

lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 01:14 AM   #4
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Yeah, it's illegal! I got in sh!t once when I was younger, for trying to fill a 2 liter pop bottle with gas, from a station!! They ran out and cursed me out, it was funny. Damn though, my motorbike was outta gas! (was using an old Honda street bike as a dirt bike, it ran great!)

$2 in gas? That would be enough to get it to start and run for about 3 seconds, at the prices here!! hahaha!

Currently 72.9/L and sounds like it's rising again!!!

------------------
1970 GMC 1500, 350ci, 3 in a tree

http://members.tripod.com/~Jungleman_2/1970GMC.html

Vancouver, B.C.

[This message has been edited by JoetheMobster (edited April 07, 2002).]