The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
bigstoys
*PIMP*

help with column switch over

here's the scoop i know some of you have done this a few times and are expert on this so i hope i recieve help on this. my dad has a 72 c-10 that used to be the 3spd on the tree with a gutless 307. we put in a stout 350 with a 700r4. my dad wanted the easy way out and was going to cut a hole in the floor and use one of those ugly b&m truck boxes. but i talked him into the column shift. he has a budget so he didn't want to buy a new or even used 250.00 plus dollor automatic column that was correct. he want's to do the van column cause it's cheaper can anyone just lay down the law for us on how to make this work. he is currently bidding on a column on ebay and is bidding on a automatic linkage set up as well. we just need the run down we are both pretty mechanical (he more than i of course) and we have the tools. anybody can chime in with any tricks or problems they ran into during there build. thanks. benito