The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2005, 02:50 AM   #1
muddpile

A couple Blazer tank specifics

I have decided to finally do this mod. I read this tutorial here:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php3?t=74876

along with the tutorial he wrote up about installing the side marker light filler. With this information, you think I would have it made, but as usual, I don't. I will be buying the blazer tank kit from Scott's or another dealer, and included is the tank, the sending unit and the straps. Sounds good so far right? Now, my next question is,

1. Do those fancy hooked bolts come with the kit to install the straps? I assume they do, but better to find out now than later, right.
2. Poly or metal tanks are available, what are the advantages/disadvantages of each.
3. I have dual exhaust, how far should it be from the tank?
4. when you put the box on, it looks like the filler neck would get crushed by the box. It obviously doesn't, but is there a spacer you need to use, or is there that much room between the box and the frame stock?
5. I have an 8ft box fleetside, can I still do the side marker light thing?
6. For a little different kick, would one of those fuel doors from Stylin Concepts work on the inside side of the box work? Copperhead had one in the bed floor. http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....rd=fuel%20door

I think that's about it. Also, what would I fill the old fuel neck hole with? Is there a plate available from a vendor, or do I just fab something myself?
muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote