The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
Andre

Please Help - Looking for info.

Hello All,

I'm relatively new to the board and relatively new to the 67-72 Chevy "cult"

I recently purchased a '72 1/2 ton. Long box, 350, Auto, Custom trim. I would like to get the truck on the road May 1st but there's a bunch of information I need. From surfing the board it seems there are a lot of knowledgable people who may be able to help me out. I've made a list of questions I have, if anybody can gimme a hand I would much appreciate it.

- I intend to lower the truck, it is equipped with coils in all four corners and has what i'm assuming is "light" duty suspension (5-bolt wheels, small front discs, etc...). A 3/4 drop is probably best suited, who is the best company to go with (i'm on a budget), should bags even be a consideration? I would like an air-bag setup however I doubt it's cheap...

- Allthough not a priority I will need bedsides. Is there a reccomended company which sells sheet metal for my application? Would new repro bedsides be better of should I try to find a solid set of originals? I do live in a place with salted roads so solid originals would be next to impossible to find around here.

- I need rearview mirrors. The truck currently has small "sport" style mirrors on it, I doubt if they're original. Were small mirrors available then? If so does anybody know where I can get some? Or even know the GM part number on originals?

- My tailgate is in dyer need of replacement, for some reason it's rotten 10x the rest of the truck, same question as bedsides, repro or original? Dos anybody know any distributors?

- The gauge cluster is the original with single speedo and gas gauge, that is it. I somehow need to incorporate a tach, temp, oil press. and volt gauge into the truck. Does anyone know of neat, clean setups for these gauges? Do any A/M companies make a replacement gauge cluster with these built in?

- I need an inner grill. I'd much prfer to stick with the OEM style, does anyone know of companies which produce A/M OEM style ones? I priced a NOS one at the local Chevy dealer, suprisingly it was reasonable priced. I'm not aiming for originality however so is there a cheaper alternative out there?

- Are there any companies with quality, well priced products that are known "regulars" at the Carlisle Penn. shows? Does anybody have any of these parts that is going to be there this spring?

That's all I can think of at this point, if anything else comes up i'll post it. As above if anybody can help or has some of these parts please let me know. The spring crunch is coming up with school and work so time is at a premium.

I want to start cruisin in my new toy....

Many Thanks,
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote