The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2005, 03:07 AM   #1
Sillyoldman

Reasons to keep your spouse out of your truck

I thought it would be fun to post funny truck related experiences & mishaps partly due to being married. I'll start with mine.

It's been years ago, but I remember it like yesterday. One morning while my wife was at work, and we were new to our neighborhood I decided to get to work on my Jeep. Being a new home owner I was in need of adaquate tools. I had enough basics to get myself in some trouble though. At the time I had a Wagoneer with 33" tires and a CJ-7 with 32"'s. It made sense to me that a tire swap was a good thing to do. First I removed the 33's from the wagoneer, then the 32's from the CJ. When I rolled the 33's to the CJ I realized it would need to raised a bit more. It was sitting on a very reliable scissor jack. I knew better than to get under the jeep, so i scrapped together every ratchet extension I had. While lying on my side behind the vehicle I began raising it. Thats when the trusty old scissor jack fell, as did the jeep. I quickly realized I was not out of harms way as the trailer hitch came down on my left shoulder and took out all of my air. I fought to get out and somehow I did. My neighbor heard my groan as my air pushed out. As I ran around my front yard trying to breath the neighbor called 911. I followed by making a call of my own. The operater asked if I were bleeding. I replied "no". She then asked if I had any bones protruding. I replied "no". I was then told that I need to find my own way to the ER. They had nobody available to come for me. I asked for directions to the nearest hospital. Finally, here is where my '71 chevy comes in to play. As I struggled to breathe because of a whole bunch of broken ribs. Me and my dangling dislocated shoulder painfully prepared for a trip to the hospital. The Chevy was the only rig I had with wheels. I got in and saw that there was no gas in it! My goodness thats why my wife did'nt take it this morning. Yes it is all her fault. I stopped at the nearest AMPM, and endured the line, prepay and pain. I got fixed up after the 8 mile drive. When I was recovered the wife and I went to costco. I had to see the tool section. My wife asked if I could use a floor roller jack and some stands. I told her "yes" and I never had a problem buying another tool since.

Admitingly I am the biggest bonehead at the time, but baby could'nt you have put at least two bucks in?

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Last edited by Sillyoldman; 05-16-2005 at 03:13 AM.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote