The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
69 chevy

im new and so is my project truck

well im 17 and this is my 1st post on this board...i am restoreing a truck for my senior project and graduation presnt(parents and grandparents givein me money to help fund it).. i have till spring(graduation) to get all this done..and i will post pics when i can get my moma to take them(im not to good with the digital camera)

I bought a 1969 chevy C10 its a long bed..for now. it runs and drives fine but its 3 on the tree and a inline 6....im geting ready to build a 383 straoker in school for her and im puting a turbo 400 transmission behind that and a 12 bolt main..thinking of puting 3.42 posi just so i can get a little bit of fuel milage.....and the thing yall will think im crazyest for....im cuting the frame and makeing it a short bed...but not any short bed it will be a 88-98 chevy step side bed and i was wondering what yall thought of those beds on these trucks

as far as the 383 straoker EDLEBROCK aluminum consit of: Heads, Intake, Valve Covers, Carb, air filter....yes im building the motor from the block up nothing old being used...

i also plan to run a 15x8ish wheal in the frunt and a 17x10 wheal in the back...also thinking about runing laker pipes like on the old stingray vets...well i think there called laker pipes
69 chevy is offline   Reply With Quote