The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
1972ChevyCheyenne

LWB 72 Bed For Sale in Ontario

Long wheel base fleet side bed. No tailgate. Disassembled. Have new hardware.

Okay I’ll try to describe it since I don’ have picture.

Some rust. Overall fairly straight. Smooth fist side depression on the driver side about 3/8” deep. Cheyenne Trim Holes.

Front Box Panel: Very Straight. No Dings. Some rust bubbling through on top Rolled joint. Looks like a 2in strip would fix that.

Wheel Tubs: Mostly Straight with the back where it bolts to the floor rusted out on one.

Bed Floor. Had Gooseneck Hitch. Patch with about a 6*6” piece. Cross members infront of and behind wheel wells should be replaced. In front look like it is rusted and may be soft. Behind has the bottom rust out about 16 inches in from the passenger side, but the rest seems stable. Very back cross member needs replaced.

Bedside. Some bondo. I haven’t found anything thinker than a 1/16 of an inch. Above the wheel wells feel solid and where I sanded the paint off I found solid metal. Worst part on the box side is the rear pillar where the tail lamps mount. The very bottom is rusted away on the tail lamp bracket. I think that thing could be welded up though. Then again nobody is going to see it anyway. Maybe I am just too anal about building a truck right.

Located in Teeswater, Ontario. Near Walkerton
Price: $500 CDN OBO
1972ChevyCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote