The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2005, 05:46 PM   #1
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Need help with a PS pump reservoir

Ok, here's the deal. As some of you know, I bought the Billet Specialties serpentine conversion kit. This kit comes with all brackets and pulleys. So I get it and start bolting everything up. The alternator bracket works like a charm. So does all the pulleys. I get to the PS pump bracket and the brackets won't work with my stock reservoir. I have contacted BS tech support and they are not giving me much to go on but they keep saying I need to change to a different style reservoir. Fine. I was planning on buying a new one anyway since mine is dented up. They can't tell me which one I need.

The problem is the way their brackets mount to the pump/reservoir. In the pic you see my stock reservoir from the back. Also, I have my old pump just for referrence. The red arrow points to where the rear bracket bolted at stock. The blue arrow is another mounting point but you see the stock reservoir covers it up. Also, the shape of my reservoir is wrong and ends up being too close to the water pump.

Anyway, to make this long story short, I need to know if anyone knows anything about this. I know for a fact they do indeed make a reservoir like what I need but I have no idea what vehicle it came on. I asked my local Chevy dealer and was told I would need to know before they could find it. I've looked everywhere I can think of to no avail. Billet Specialties have been very nice about it and I'm am dealing with the Marketing Manager, and he is really trying to help but I think it's time for me to ask you guys.

In my last email with him I told him point blank that if I don't find out something pretty quick, I'm shipping this 500 buck pile of stuff back. My patients is really running thin with all this.

Edit! I forgot to mention, I need a reservoir with the mounting hole where the blue arrow is.
Attached Images

1985 Chevy C-10

Last edited by swervin ervin; 09-20-2005 at 05:54 PM.
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote