The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #1
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

Exclamation Found My Dad's Truck!

My sister just called from Georgia to tell me she found my dad's old truck (69 SWB) and the guy will sell it to her for $300. I'm sending a check. I know it is rusted out and the engine is probably gone, but I still want it.

I flipped it end over end when I was 15. I had borrowed it without permission. My dad said, "You wanted a truck...there it is," as they pulled it up on the roll-back. It took us the better part of a year to get it back on the road. It was the first vehicle for all five of us boys. Of course, we went through several engines and put a stepside bed on it. My younger brother sold it a few years back.

My dad passed away two years ago. I want to get it and restore it. Put a fleetside bed back on it. Leave it all drums. I figure I ought to pick up some original rust-free sheetmetal while i'm still out here in California.

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote