The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #1
Botietruck
'71 chevy s.bed/s.side

My son's new ride! PICS!

About 12 years ago I started a restoration project on my '71 Stepside, hoping it would be a good father/son project. Chris was about 12 years old then. Well, he didn't show alot of interest in the truck but when he started driving, his interest was an '86 Z28. He and I spent alot of good quality time working on that car. The truck was on hold for a few years. He's married now and I'm back on the truck project on a pretty consistent basis.
About two weeks ago I posted a "71 black fleetside on the "trucks for sale" site for a friend in Richmond, VA. I was telling Chris about the truck and he immediately took a flaming interest in it. I gave him the seller's phone number and he and his wife drove to Richmond today to take a look at it. He called me about 10:30 this morning and said he was on his way back to Ches. and "the truck is running great". Long story short...he bought the truck and loves it. He and wife drove by today and I had a chance to look it over. It has rust in the usual places but overall it's a nice truck. I don't think he has any resto plans in the near future but hey, it is a start of a good thing! Well, needless to say, when he pulled up in the driveway today, he sure made old Papa proud! I grabbed the camera and got a few pics. His wife looked at me and said, " no pics with the new Jetta, no pics with the Avalon, but you sure didn't waste any time getting pics of the truck..LOL!

Last edited by Botietruck; 11-05-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Botietruck is offline   Reply With Quote