The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2002, 02:35 PM   #1
BUXMAN66
go bucks!

(sigh!)1 wire alt.-i know i know!

alright guys,so i ain't the brightest lite bulb here,crusify me!lol!! so anyhoo, i got me a nice purty chrome 1 WIRE alt. and i hook it up,from the back post of alt. down to the battery post terminal on my starter.simple ,eh?. i thought it would be for even me, a novice! well,come to find out the dust cover on top of the alt. houses 2 spade terminals and the plug,or wires that need to plug in here are nada.what makes it more sweet, is that when i took off my old alt.w/ the external voltage regulator i clipped off all my old wires!!duuuuuhhh,yup-yup! well, it says 1 wire dont it!so,how do i get this sumb---h to run correctly and keep my battery charged correctly?yes,i've seen the search topics for 1 wire alt. conv. but it still doesn't seem to click w/ me....... the wires they speak of... blue, brown,red..etc....... i dont have!is a simple solution to just jump a wire from one spade connector,(under dust cover) to the other spade connector? or will this just continually drain my battery- which is a brand new interstate batt.come on guys help a moron out!!lol thanks.
BUXMAN66 is offline   Reply With Quote