The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
JHART
1972 Shorty Owner

Location: Stationed in Cali , born and raised in PHX Arizona.
Hello From Cali! - Lots of questions.

Hello eveyone,

I am new here but have been watching and reading this site for months. I just bought a 1972 Chevy C-10 Shortbed. She's very clean from what i can tell with only a little rust on the bottom of the doors and on the driver side corner of the cab. The motor is a 350 bored .30 over, TH350 tranny.

I have a few questions if any of you would be willing to help me decide. The truck as of now has a automatic tranny, but still has the clutch pedal and the floor mounted shifter. I was wondering if any of you know what the damage would be if i converted the truck back to manual or if its even worth it.

As far as i know, everything is stock besides the motor and the tranny.

Also i was wondering if anyone knows how i could find out what the original sticker price for the truck was when it was sold in 1972. I found the original warranty in the glove box from the first owner with the metal plate still attached.

I feel like i got a great deal for the truck when i bought her this week. I got the truck for 2k as it is. She runs great and sounds awsome. The guys mentioned there is a "RV" camshaft in the motor. Is that good or bad?

I have a picture of the truck in my profile. I think the paint is original. I will post some pics up when i get home from work.

Thanks in advance for any input!

-Hart
Attached Images

JHART is offline   Reply With Quote