The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
ccd3

How long for warm-up?

Now that everyhting is fuel injection, including my motorcycle, I seem to have forgot about warm-up cycles. Here's my question- how long does it take you guy's trucks to take throttle? My truck starts/idles fine, it just a little fussy for about the first 5-7 minutes. I have a GM performance crate engine w/ a holley and headers. Obviously all the old hot-air stoves are not on.

I'm pretty-sure I have the carb dialed in okay. Gas just dribbles out of the sight glass when I open and the electric choke seems to be closing/opening okay (I'm in Austin Texas- it never gets that cold here).

It just seems to stumble when I moderatley lay on gas. if I punch it- it has no problem. We're talking about after 5 minutes of driving... My temp gauge says things are all warmed up in the engine, but I'm wondering if it just takes more time to get all that steel and aluminum up to temp to properly atomize the fuel.

Before I start tweaking things, I thought I'd ask for your experience.
ccd3 is offline   Reply With Quote