The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2002, 10:39 PM   #1
Dropt72Shortbed

need info on 700r4, will this work?

im looking to swap in a 700r4 into my truck (currently stock 250hp 350/350 on 6 cyl stands, column shifter tilt) i do not have the tools or the knowledge to do the swap so i will be paying a shop to install it.

below is an ad from a tranny shop, please read it and let me know the following

1. is this what i need?
2. what other parts will i need to purchase? (rough cost of parts too)
3. does $750 + $135 shipping sound fair?
4. will my drive shaft need to be shortened?
5. any rough ideas what a tranny shop would charge me for installation?

thanks in advance guys

<<<Heavy Duty 700R-4 Automatic Transmission
This is a heavy duty rebuilt THM 700 also available in 4x4 and computer versions {4L60-E 93up} at an additional charge. Rebuild consists of complete over-haul kit ,Raybestos premium H-D clutches, heavy duty band,corvette servo piston and a TRANS-GO SHIFT KIT{SK 700,} rebuilt 10 vane pump assembly,hardend sprag race,new filter, We use the 700R4 2nd design low sprag for extra strength and H.D. Center support. We only build V-8 units which means Maximum # of Clutches and Steeles ,{4-6 cyl use less}, but a V-8 trans can be used in V-6 applications,we install 8 clutches in the 3-4 clutch pack,verses the standard 5 or 6, we do this for maximum holding power,rebuilt front and rear planets,w/slinger and rebuilt governor is installed. This transmission has been completely dissasembled and thoroughly cleaned, tolerances brought to OEM or Higher specs, and inspected then reassembled with the highest quality parts and the highest standards.If you are looking for the best quality turbo 700R4 look no more.
>>>
Dropt72Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote