The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
1970pelle

NG intro

I ran across this place a couple of months ago when I started looking for a new project.I haven't owned a GM product for 19 yrs.Last one was a new 1983 C10 with a 305,4brl,auto.paid 6800.00.Kept it till 1988 only had 18k on it when I sold it.It was used for towing our stock car on Saturdays only.Now for 2007 I wanted a stepside didn't care what year.I found this truck the otherday.The ad said 1986 Chevy,needs some repair.So I e-mailed the seller for pictures.Well it looked really good.So looked at it this past Sat and bought it.Its a 1 owner 5.7l,700 trans,A/C and 1 small spot of rust in the right cab corner.It has had a new fuel tank,A/C compressor,and tires this past summer.Looks like a couple of years ago a repaint.The repair needed is heater core and the valve cover gaskets leaking (very slightly) and the old dual exhaust has a baffle or something rattling in the muffler.So I have a good solid truck to work with.My plans are to get it running as efficienly as possible.Super clean and detailed.I want to lower it but still be able to haul and tow a trailor once and a while.My main hobby is V-twins.Looking forward to imput from here.I retired about 2 years ago.27 years turning a wrench as a Chrysler Dealer Tech.Sorry about the long first post.Here are pictures of the truck before bringing it home.Ken

Last edited by 1970pelle; 09-25-2009 at 01:26 AM.
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote