The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
69C10@16

It's Been A Bad Couple of Weeks

Man guys, It's been a bad last few weeks. Mostly in regards to my truck but other things as well.

Two weeks ago I found that my rear trailing arms are jacked up beyond all belief. I posted it on here and am currently awaiting arrival of a set from Ih8the24. I got in trouble for the post, which i COMPLETELY understand don't take me wrong. So anyways at that pont the truck was rendered undriveable. I have 250$ left and a 400$ insurance payment in February. No job. So we got out for christmas break and since I knew the truck couldn't be driven I decided to do some pidly stuff on it that wouldn't cost me any money (as if those actually exist, something ALWAYS costs you). The first thing I decided to do was check all my spark plugs, gapping, odd deposits, etc. I had just pulled Cylinder 5's plug and set the ratchet on the hood latch in between the firewall support and the grille. Not ten seconds later I bumped it and it hit the radiator. This ugly greenish brown (i had used Bar's Stop Leak a few weeks earlier) started immediately spraying from the point of impact. So after a blue streak or two and a hissy fit I called up a buddy who had just pulled his 350 out of his 88 Silverado to drop in his 91 Camaro. He gave me the radiator quite graciously. At this point things had begun to look up. I even saw an old friend at the Gas Station who was driving a nice shiney 71 and we started talking. I learned that her husband has a 67 that he's pulling the engine and giving the truck away. So I now have me a new parts truck. YAY. Ten minutes later as I'm removing the water outlet from my intake to put on the one from my friends 88 (I have to use the 88 style upper radiator hose because of inlet/outlet sizes) one of the bolts snap off in the intake. Despite our many efforts the thing isn't coming out. We tried a bolt extractor, it snapped off in the bolt. We tried applying heat and using vice grips to turn it out. Its locked TIGHT. The new radiator is in and the water pump put back in place but now I'm intakeless. My parents decided they'd buy me an Edelbrock 2101 Intake Manifold for my birthday. Its a month early but they figure it's worth breaking their usual rule of no early presents. I'd say it couldnt get worse but then the garage would burn down and I'd really be mad. I finally got the opportunity to take some pics with my phone of the bad trailing arm situation. They're below. Sorry if your depressed after reading this but I needed to vent. Oh yeah, to top it off this girl I like was talking to me online right after all this happened and I said some things I ROYALLY regret saying. And last night I was informed that a friend who graduated a few years ago commited suicide last night. Living in as small a town as we do it really hits home. Like I said, sorry for the depressing thread, but I feel a little better. I still can't think straight though.

Cya guys around,
Newton
Attached Images

69C10@16 is offline   Reply With Quote