The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Frosty
Under desk

When does this start to come together?

All Truck weekend... Yeah, Right.

A friend and I were going to work on the truck on Saturday. He called me Friday night and asked if we could swap out a stereo before we worked on the truck in the morning. The guy was a no show so we went and got something to eat, and got to talking about my need for shocks. So from there we went to a 4x4 shop in the next town over. It closed down. From there we went to a Autozone that his brother works at and got the name and number of a really good shop. FINALLY some progress! (kinda)
Making one more stop (to look at poker tables) we get back to the house and he helps me half way bang out a dent in the wheel well of the bed and says he has to leave. I put in the new speedometer cable and drive it down the street to find out it still doesn't work.
I spend the rest of the my truck time with engine cleaner and a hose. Now 5 cans later and I'm starting to see that black and goopy are not the colors of the engine bay. Throw pants in the washer forgetting to remove number of of shop I got earlier.

Sunday get a late start on the truck. The wife and I spend some quality time in the bed of the truck scraping off loose paint with wire brushes. That really doesn't work so we end up using a 60 grit sander and watch the paint start flying off (woo hoo!). Banged out some dents in the bed and We stop for the night, leaving a freshly sanded bed open to the rain we got overnight.

Poor me