The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Bill72

New guy with some questions

Bought a 72 K5 CST Highlander in 1989 from the original owner in Phoenix. Sold to a guy in Florida in 1994. Bought it back 2 weeks ago. Orig owner changed the color from Light Yellow to White. Last owner dyed Parchment door panels and back side panels black. I won't be restoring for at least a year but wanted some opinions. I like the black better than the parchment but realize Highlanders were only outfitted with Parchment. Also, I think it would be hard to dye the back panels back to the original color. So I'm thinking about leaving them black? The plaid is Avocado, also not my favorite. I'd like to redo the seats in b/w houndstooth on black vinyl but don't think houndstooth was supposed to be available in a Blazer. I have seen old Blazers with old worn out houndstooth in them where the owners claim its original, but? Still, everything is original so where do you stop messing with it? Or do you just never mess with it and spend big bucks for stuff you really don't want? (like Avocado plaid, parchment with no or inferior scrolling etc.) Got more questions but I'll put them in another post. Thanks
Bill72 is offline   Reply With Quote