The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

a few questions about lowering ??

As I got my truck in pieces, I don't have any original measurements, I hope someone can help me out. I currently did a c-notch in the rear and I plan to drop the truck 5-7. it's a '67 swb (wood floor).

can someone tell me (if the c-notch wasn't there) what is the measurement between the axel and the frame rail if I lowered it 7"? how much space is there for travel?

now the tough one... I am putting in rear coil-overs and need as much length as possible, and want to mount the top of the shocks as close to the top of the frame rails or bottom bed floor as possible. so what is the distance from the bottom of the wood floor to the axel? (at 7" drop).

and last, when you cut a front coils, what are the rough increments? 1/2 a coil = 1/2" ?? or 1/2 coil = 1" or something of the sort? its got six banger front coils so I figure I shouldn't need too much cut to get me to a 5" drop after the big blocks in it and with ece drop spindles too..but i just don't know how much to cut?

oh yea, one more.. I am running 29" tall tires, how low can I go before the stock wheel wells (front and back) need to be raised or removed?

Thanks for anyones help!
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote