The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
mipdan

window regulator question

I searched already and didn't have any luck finding the answer to this... Recently bought a 68 C10 that had been stripped down for a paintjob, painted and parked for 3 years before I bought it off my roommate. Long story short, put new regulators in it that had been in the bed, passenger side operates nicely, but driverside was really stiff from about halfway up to all the way up. Its not my daily driver, so I rolled up the window because I had to park it outside for a night, figured I'd mess with it later. Rolled it down for a drive around the block last friday then parked it in the garage, and then attempted to roll it up again tonight - kinda figured it either needed broken in or taken all back apart, but also figured it would last more then three 2-hand rollups/downs while it wasn't being used regularly...

bottom line:
Well, something got screwed up, as the window is down as it was, and as I tried to roll up, an ugly noise came from the regulator and the splined portion of it now spins freely without moving the window in either direction. Anybody have this or something similar happen? I'm having trouble seeing whats going on, and im not very familiar with window regulators as it is. ::sigh::
4.5"lift,33s,various custom body work from rocks and dune-ing incidents.
mipdan is offline   Reply With Quote