The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
joekewl_chevyfreak

Monojet Problems

This is my first post on this website... ive been coming to it for about a year now and its like heaven on earth. Anyways, in 73 or such, my gramps bought a 68 from a guy that used her as a worktruck, all i know is it had a cracked exhaust manifold on it but he replaced it, which turned out to be worped lol... Anyways My dad was a mechanic and was intending on rebuilding the little 250 but he got sick and later died and at the time I was 4ish. But i can remember my gramps drving it through town, and i was with him the last time it was on the road... it died in an intersection... that was the last time he drove it off his land. But about 3ish years ago he gave me the pickup as a 'pidler' and about a year ago he ended up dying. Since my dad died when i was so young, he was like my second dad, so ive really been itching to restore it being that it kinda means alot to me and all, Well, im only 16 and not really much i can do... but i have some know-how So, in about july of 07 i began fixin her up, choped the muffler off, changed the oil (she has still got installed a franz oil cleaner), new air filter, new plugs and wires, and she was running beautifully (being that that was all i have done to her) then disaster... the carb backfired... so i rebuilt it... and theres where i need help, i finished it in about a month and installed it and she started right up, then disaster... again... there is a part that connects to the throttle that is a gas vacuum or some such and it wont stay connected... can anyone give me some pointers?

(sorry for the crappy details and spelling and all)
Attached Images

'87 Dodge D150, 318 auto stock; D.D.

God meant for rubber to be burnt, not for an ear of corn

Myspace
joekewl_chevyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote