The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
Jet Blue 68

Looking for reassurance.. to cut up my baby

Hello everyone. I have a 1968 SWB Chevy C-10 Fleetside. Been driving every chance I get but recently... the front drum brakes and master are not performing like they should. So out they go. I could just rebuild but why not upgrade? I've been saving up money and buying parts for a while in anticipation of this. After reading up on this site I've decided to order a kit from ECE for the front. I want to keep my truck "mostly original" but upgrade it. I've already replaced the 250 with a 350, but other than that it's bare bones (painted bumpers option only ) stock. Not perfect but nowhere near junk. I also have parts to do the power steering (70 model donor). That's everything I'm 100% on doing...

While I've got everything apart I would love to also bag it though! Not dropped to frame- I believe ART's front kit and my stock rear converted to airbags would do. They have a 70-72 shop truck in their ad that gave me inspiration to set the stance. I have the factory trailing arm (coils) in the rear, and would rather go with a under the bed notch. Basically similar to what the rear ART kit is. What I'm really undecided on (paranoid about) is notching the rear...

I have a great friend who is about to open a shop, I'm not a welder but he is.
I know my truck is no more special than the next guy but I don't want to f-it up or turn it into scrap. So I guess my real reason for starting this is a simple question:

How many people out there are running an under the bed notch, welded or bolted in (or both!)? Any recommendations for a paranoid first time notcher?
Jet Blue 68 is offline   Reply With Quote