The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
scottrod71

Need your opinions

Ok guys, I need to fish or cut bait with this truck. As it sits, I have right at $8,500 in it and it is a great driver. I truly wouldn't be afraid to take it anywhere. All the mechanical is done but I do need to decide how much more I can put in the truck to bring it up to par cosmetically. I don't want a show truck or trailer queen. I want a good, dependable driver that looks good. The basics are that it has a nice 350 with a mild RV cam (290 HP?), a Muncie M21 4 speed, 3.08 gears in a 12 bolt rearend, new front power disc brakes, new serpentine system w/ new water pump, a/c compressor, power steering pump, etc. New carpet (although I need to take it out to clean since a heater core relacement), good bench seat, and a rear slider window. Changed it all over to a 5 lug setup so it has new rear axles too.

It needs new wood in the bed, a complete paint job, and I'd like to re-route the exhaust. I'd also like to put on some nice Rally wheels. I'm thinking of going with the dark blue (since the firewall is already that color) on the bottom and some kind of silver on the top, down the bed rails to the back and silver inside the bed as well.

So, am I screwing up to put another 6 to 10 in someone I want to drive? I've attached some pictures and would welcome any and all opinions or questions. I am just having a hard time making up my mind.
Attached Images

scottrod71 is offline   Reply With Quote