The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
72Much

72 C-10 Rear Brake Hose Problem

I have a problem guys. I have a rear end out of a 71 in my truck now. Everything else on my truck is original. I am trying to replace a section of the hard brake line and replace the rubber hose from the rear end. The rear in the truck now has a bracket attached to the front of the passenger side housing tube. On this bracket is a brass T style fitting that allows each side's brake line to attach and the hose to T into it. It also has a hole to screw the T to the bracket. I try to stretch this hose to the bed of the truck where is is supposed to mount and meet up with the hard line and it simply is too short. With the hose pulled up to the location it should mount it is pulled absolutely tight with no slack in the line. It needs approximately 8" more hose to allow for shock travel. Anyone ever had this problem? I looked up a new hose and it is the same part # for a 71 and 72. What are my options guys? Anyone know a part number for this hose that will be approx. 8" longer. I attached a picture of the T fitting to give everyone an idea of what it looks like. PLEASE HELP!!
Attached Images

72Much is offline   Reply With Quote