The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
Libertad
No Nonsense

Bummed Out! (Found out why it seized)

Just when I thought I had the mechanical stuff done with and I was getting ready to lower my 75' C10 LWB in the coming weeks now this happens:

I was driving to work last night and my motor made a rough growling noise with shaking and white smoke out of the exhaust then it died on me, just prior to that it sounded like a push rod was ticking and my oil pressure went down. Once on the side of the road it wouldn't crank over anymore. I had to leave it there and had it towed home this morning. I haven't been able to look at it yet.
The motor never leaked oil and just recently I noticed what seemed to be a rod knocking every once in a while that would last for a minute and then go away.

Where should I start looking for what went wrong. I have come to the realization that I may have to rebuild the motor or maybe find another 350 to drop in there but could it be anything external. Any advice on where to start is appreciated.

Last edited by Libertad; 12-04-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Libertad is offline   Reply With Quote