The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
Todd68Chevy

1972 Chevy Truck TILT Automatic Steering Column

I have a USED tilt steering column I pulled out of a 1972 Chevy 1/2 ton Cheyenne. I do not have any reason to believe it is not original (truck had a lot of options) but if you want something checked just ask. After I removed and inspected the column I found the upper housing is a little bent up --see the picture looking at the turn signal switch. It is thin metal and moves around easy. I did a little work to it and it is better so in my opinion I think it can be fixed or used the way it is. Also with the steering wheel removed the shaft seems to catch when turning. It turned good in the truck when I was pulling the truck around and turned good with the steering wheel on it but with the column out of the truck. I reinstalled the steering wheel and you can feel a slight catch but noting like what it feels like with the wheel off. I took the lower bearing out and it was still there so it might have dirt in an upper bearing or may need a bearing replaced or might be normal. I have several pictures but I have not figured out how to attach them to a private message. If you can tell me how or give me your e-mail address and I will send them sent to you. Because of the issues I would take $200.00 paid by PayPal which will include the column (no steering wheel), Gearshift lever (surface rust), Tilt column lever(surface rust), turn signal lever (surface rust), PRNDL indicator, packing, PayPal fees, shipping and insurance. ASK any questions you might have. I will accept a bank money order but require time for it to clear before I will send out the column. I am located in Shelburn, IN 47879. Thanks for looking, Todd
Attached Images

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.

Last edited by Todd68Chevy; 12-20-2009 at 05:23 PM.