The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
Coolshootr

Have Projects , need answers.

Hi, just joined and I have several motorhomes,trucks and vans for parts and want to make something out of them. Any comments or problems I might encounter, please help.

1) 1978 original K-30, 350, compound low trans, 205 transfer, 4:11 gears, manual hubs with totally rusted Custom Deluxe body, runs great.
2) 1985 C-10 Silverado LWB, no engine or trans(was 350ci/AT). Good straight rust-free body, Blk on Blk.
3) (3) 454BB/AT combo's removed from 3 motorhomes, all running. Are the rear ends good for anything or just scrap?
4) 1997 Suburban 350/AT with front end damage, needs only clip with core support, etc. all else is fine, one owner, dual A/C, leather, etc, loaded.
5) 1985 GMC 2500 Vandura cargo van, bad rear end, rough body, great running 350/AT.

My first thought was to replace the '78 body with the '85 body only wanting to keep the manual trans parts, pedals, etc. and install one of my 454BB in the drive train. Will the cab and bed bolt right up? Will I have most all of the parts on hand to do this? I know I should use new motor mounts, etc. But will most all of this fit?

My other crazy thought was to put the 'Burb on the 1 Ton gear with a BB/AT or Manual? See many problems with this?

The 2500 van is just going to be a work truck, but needs a rear end(gears all gone and carrier too) I have a 1994 Chevy C20 complete rear in located from a friend for $100, will it just bolt in? They are both 5 lug axles.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks, Rick
Coolshootr is offline   Reply With Quote