The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2003, 06:34 PM   #1
Blue68

Painless Harness

Yea, yea, this topic has about been done to death. BUT, my question is a little different.

I've been considering a harness from Ron Francis, where you terminate the harness at the fuse block, versus the Painless approach of connecting the terminations at the other end. So say for the distributor, I'm running HEI. With Ron Francis, I get a wire circuit for an HEI distributor, witht he correct plug which I cut to length and terminate at the fuse block. Same story with my distributor, its a newer CS130D style.

How does Painless do this? Do you have to reuse your own plugs or does the kit come with what you need? Does it work for HEI as well as Points or do I specify when ordering? (visit www.wire-works.com to see what I mean). Are the headlight plugs the only terminals that come pre-wired?

Now toss in a Torque Converter lockup and the need for relays and I'm wondering which is the better approach. I know either is better than the rusty stock fuse block and wiring mess currently residing in it.

And do the Painless truck ones have a fusible link or a maxi fuse?

'68 C-10 LWB, '98 Z-71 350 w/accessories (Serpentine), Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock 1405 (600cfm) carb, GM HEI, CompCam Extreme 4x4 roller cam, Thorley Headers, Carter Electric Fuel Pump, Vintage Air, 700r4, 3.73, disc brakes and power steering upgrades.

Last edited by Blue68; 05-28-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Blue68 is offline   Reply With Quote