The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2003, 11:04 PM   #1
Porkchop

close call

I just spent 4 and a half hours washing and waxing my '69 ford truck (Yes, I know its a Ford, but I spend most of my money and time on the '69 chevy) and I decided to take it up town for a cruise. However, just yesterday I pulled of the mufflers to see what kind of gas mileage I would get since my current mufflers aren't anything with a lot of flow (Only get less than six miles to the gallon). So, I was cruising down the main street and I went to go around a back drive that goes past Autozone and Sears, and after I turn in I see a cop turn in about a 100 to 150 feet back. You could tell he was staying back to see if I would really get on it. I had to coast at an idle for about 100 yards into a grocery store parking lot to pretend like I was going inside. After I went in and got a pop, I came out and the cop was not in sight. I had no idea how I would get home since I would have to drive directly through town. Luckily, though, I had left the mufflers and the whole back half of the exhaust hanging under the truck and I was able to just move it enough to get it to slide back together. Then all was quiet.
Moral of the story: There's NO better sound in the world than a big block breathing through straight pipes.
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote