The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
pritch

Good day at the junkyard

I decided to go junkyardin' today, looking for some odds and ends for my Panel. First I hit the pick n pull, and I found a heater box in really good shape, way better than the one I have. The hood was already off the truck, so I went ahead and started unbolting the fender to get to that one pesky bolt underneath. After I got to where I could get to it, I found out that it was broken there like most of them are. I went ahead and got it anyway, because it has a fairly new heater core in it.

I hit a few others, saw some stuff I coulda used, but I kept on and ended up at the Tear a Part. They had a pretty good selection of 67-72's, and there was a front right fender that I really wanted, way better than either of the ones I have, and was debating about it, since I had already pulled off a fender-pretty much-to get the heater box and I wasn't real sure I wanted to go through that again when I noticed a '67 Sportvan, in really good shape overall. It looked like it would drive outta the lot with minimal work. I started checking it out and was getting more and more impressed with it. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me, but it is in remarkable shape. I decided to get the buckets out of it, so I went to make sure they qualified for the 'Any bucket seat $15.99' on the price board and sure enough, so I went for it. Check these out:

One little tear in the driver's side:

I figure they just might be worth more than the $32 I paid for them to someone some day.

Then I saw it. As I was trying to cuss that driver's seat out, bolted up to the inside of the firewall all out of the way was the coolest thing ever. I've never seen one like it. One of those things, that when it's on my Panel it's going to look so normal, so stock and yet different, somehow:

A washer bottle molded out of black plastic instead of white, identical in every way.
Ol' Green

Last edited by pritch; 10-16-2010 at 09:24 PM.
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote