The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2010, 02:37 AM   #1
MistaGavin

Some Questions From a New Owner

Hey guys, I recently bought a 1970 CST-10 2wd long bed, big block(still runs strong), auto, bucket seats, ect. I have wanted one of these ever since my sister had and old 72 in high school that my dad built up for her. I saw the truck was for sale by the original owner so I went to look at it this summer, and he didn't like my first offer. I went back a couple months later just as the snow began to fall. The truck was still there so I offered him 1000 cash on the spot. He accepted so I took it home.

The bad thing about it is that it was rolled back in '71 (yeah 1971) and the bondo on the roof needs to be redone. It could use a new driver side fender, grille, and obviously the notorious rocker panels. I have already began acquiring small parts such as taillight bezels (originals were beat up bad), interior dome light, some new mirrors, Chevy hubcaps, and some other small stuff. Pretty much my entire Christmas and birthday lists are truck parts (I'm a poor college student).

As soon as 2nd semester is done my father and I plan on replacing the old points distributor with HEI, installing MSD wires, running the exhaust out behind the doors, replacing plugs, the big project of removing the ugly mustard colored paint that was slapped over the stock medium olive paint, and repainting it a brighter green and black.

So I have a few questions, How do I remove the stock trim so that I can reuse it? Will i need new trim clips? What do you guys think from the pictures? I read these forums a lot, so general advice or wisdom to my situation would be handy. I included some pictures of the build sheet as well. Thanks guys, Mike
Attached Images

MistaGavin is offline   Reply With Quote