The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #27
bonestock70

Re: 70 c10 clutch adjustment question

The old pressure plate was tossed out months ago and I don't have any pictures, but you have possibly answered my question. It is the pressure plate itself that causes the need for a short or long TO bearing. I wasn't certain if the bellhousing geometry had something to do with it or if it was just the PP. So if your observation is correct, the only problem is that I bought the clutch as a kit and the short TO bearing was part of the package. With that in mind, wouldn't the kit come with the right bearing? I know we are talking about the Autozone folks here. I also tried to operate the clutch arm with a pry bar and wasn't able to move it, but that could just be I wasn't putting enough pressure on it, esp. because it is new.

Thanks for your insight heyjoe, let me know what you think. BTW, I took out the floor shifter and put it back to 3 on the tree. Like it is supposed to be.
bonestock70 is offline   Reply With Quote