The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
FrankieD

Hi First Post

I hope this is the right place to post this. I just picked up a 1970 C-10 with a 307 w/a granny 4 speed. The truck has a story which is kind of cool yet sad, the guy I bought it off of his dad bought, rebuilt and sold the 67 to 72's. Well the guys Dad died so he went out to Cali and brought back the rust free 70 I bought and and a sweet 71 K-10 that was all redone. My 70 has all the Cali registration's from 1970 till this kids Dad bought it in 05 it looks like it was a one owner. The truck has been repainted Pearl Blue and White from the original Tan there are recites for every thing he did and every penny he spent on it. All I have to do to it is put the interior together including the windshield ,rear window, recover the seat and put the trim back on. I like the CST seat covers does ay one know where to get one. I am really happy to find this truck most every thing the Chicago area and mid west are rust buckets.

I am partial to the 69 & 70's because my Dad bought a brand new 69 Custom/Deluxe for $2400 and 6 months later he sold it to me for$1800. It was Black and White with a 307 3 spd and it had marker lights which you don't see on any. Yea I am an old fart 63 I was 22 when I got it rode her hard and sold her wet.

Since the 70 is 2wd I am looking for ideas on wheels and tire sizes I am thinking about going to 16" wheels but not sure about tire sizes I want wide 12" on the rears and skinner on the front but I don't know what is out there in sizes any more. I have 6 lug on it now would it make more since to change it to 5 lug? I would like to stay with something like the Outlaw 1 or II

Sorry for the book, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Support our Troops @ http://anyairman.com/

Last edited by FrankieD; 02-04-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo
FrankieD is offline   Reply With Quote