The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
triophan

I'mma Burn it down, I swear.

Yesterday, I spent $500 on a new set of tires.
Today, after I wire-wheeled, primed, and painted the rallys for said new tires, I got them mounted up. Took it to the bank for a test spin.
Now, I had 275/60/15s on 15x10"... now its 15x8 truck rallys with no offset and 245/60/15. slightly lower profile, good tires. (read:not cheap)

Now, it feels like the truck is tracking sideways. Like the rear end is going towards the driver side a little and the front end (as most of us have) has the sloppy steering, crap offsets (ever notice your passenger tire sits in further than your driver side?) for the wheels, retarded alignment, and the wobble noise (which I thought was the old crappy fat tires being dry-rotted and out of round or some crap) is still there along with the same noise an out of balance tire would make.

So help me god, if this truck lives to see the light of another spring, it will be a frikkin' miracle. I've had it up to here, everytime I think I fix something, it just amplifies the other issues.

(on a side note, I'm still driving around in 15 degree weather with no heat. no Guages- new cluster, remember from a few posts back asking for help and nothing solved it. No A/C. Rotted floors, rotted bedfloor, ugh....)

I give up.

It would be cheaper to go buy a NEW truck for $500 a month as I have had the truck since 12-30-10 and have spent roughly, $1500 in 6 weeks time and its still a crappy heap...

Any suggestions on the quickest/safest way to burn this mother to the ground would be appreciated.
triophan is offline   Reply With Quote