The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2011, 02:20 AM   #1
byates2

Advice for a 67

So a few years ago i got into an accident with my 67 chevy c10, it was my first ever car, i was like 18 or so, now im 23. I decided to do a frame up restoration/rebuild. Right now i have the interior almost done, minus the wriring, heater/air system, and gauges. I put in a new gas tank, new carpeting, new column, seatbelts, and so on. Ive gotten the frame straightened, i upgraded to power steering, i put all new suspension front and rear, (the coils springs in the front were the hardest thing ive ever done).

I have a used 383 stroker motor that i tore down and built back up, all new gaskets, new parts and all. its almost ready, minus the air conditioning compressor but after that its done.

Im so close to putting the engine in and wiring it up, but it seems everytime i get a new part to install it throws me a step back figuring out how to make it work.

I know im young and i have limited knowledge, so im taking all advice i can get from you guys with experience and who know exactly what they are doing. If you have anything helpful, lay it on me, please.

Thank god for this site, id be stuck in day 2 if it wasnt for all the advice and help