The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2011, 05:25 AM   #1
chip46wis

last post-----

Probably my last post here----6 years ago I started building my 69 stepside and I found this site which has been helpful and I made some very good friends here.
Thanks to all that offered good advice.
Thanks to all that were there for non truck related things---good and bad.
As with any large group such as this every type of person is represented and some will have different opinions than others.
I had good times building the truck and many not so good,I cant count the times I was going to crush it into the ground totally frustrated with wrong parts,stupid mistakes and countless hours trying to figure out some things.
I can only guess 1800 -2000 hours in actual work on the truck including parts chasing to junkyards and parts houses.
I had many hot cars in the past,2 different 69 Z-28s 3 corvettes 3 BB chevelles, 2 67 novas, 1 shelby GT500 ect ect.
This one ,was different----I DID IT!!
I stripped it to the frame and brought it all the way back up.I did have the motor assembled by a 33 year veteran of a machine shop--is that different than a crate motor? no I tried to stitch the upholstery and ruined a lot of material and thread and needles. A friend assisted me with finishing it.Paint -wiring-assembly ect ect were all my doing and while its not a show stopper I have had MANY compliments on my accomplishment.
I am now selling it on Ebay as 99% finished as I am taking care of my 91 year old mother now diagnosed with cancer on top of taking care of my disabled wife and trying to raise a wonderful 16 year son.
I just dont have the time anymore to finish it and its time to let it go.
I offer my sincere best wishes to all here. Goodbye
chip46wis is offline   Reply With Quote