The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Double Stack

Timing problem

I need help with my timing!! I’ve searched, but all of the threads are dealing with issues that aren’t the same. I've got a performance cam of some sort and distributer that puts out the most juice the guy could find. If that helps.

It seems I need the throttle linkage and timing to be just about perfect for my truck to start. Once I got it going I tried to adjust the timing off my vacuum gauge to the green. Once there and warmed up, it just starts to die. I was trying to keep it alive by adjusting it, but it wouldn't stay in the green. Then it died again, and I can’t get it to start after trying to keep it alive. What’s going on!?! I just got a new battery because I thought it would help having 795 CCA over 535 CCA. It helps, but it's not the fix.

Is there a factory “0“ for the throttle linkage and distributer? Everyone I ask says my throttle linkage shouldn’t have anything to do with my truck starting, but it obviously has a direct effect on the vacuum. I’m going crazy here!! I’ve youtubed it, searched the site here, and just plane googled it. Somebodies got to know this!!
Double Stack is offline   Reply With Quote