The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #17
1969stepside

Re: Cheapest Place to buy a new Radiator? Input appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikside View Post
About 3 months ago when I was looking around, I priced AutoZone and they were definitely priced to sell. It was a 4 core, brass and copper (so they said) for about $180 (not including tax) IIRC. The thing was, they didn't have one in stock so I couldn't look at it, or touch it. Special order only, and once you do that, you pretty much own it. Oh, I think it was a lifetime warranty too.

Bottom line for me was, sounded to good to be true, so I thought it was. Didn't order it. Went with a recore from the local family radiator shop down the road; been there for decades. It wasn't cheap, but I was confident in the product.

Lifetime warranty on a radiator? For these trucks? I think they will loose their backside on that deal. People keep these trucks for a veeeery long time, and radiators don't last forever no matter how much you take care of them. I'm betting the AZ version certainly will NOT last as long as an original.

Not banging on you for buying it, mind you. That warranty stuff will be their problem, not yours, so long as they honor it. Not counting the work involved, of course.

well i work at autozone and our rads for our truck are just as he said brass and copper the reason there is a lifetime warr is because people forget abiut the warranty and buy them twice we sell good quality rads because i have three on in my 69 my 72 and my s-10
1969 Stepside Build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4253546
Chevy Trucks the longest lasting most dependable trucks on the road
1969stepside is offline   Reply With Quote