The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
GMC"ER

What size front tire to run on my 69 lowered GMC? Opinions please!

Hello all, I have had a few posts of my 69 GMC stepside on lowering questions and have gotten very good feedback thanks. Now for what I have done is put a 5" rear leaf axle flip kit and added 3" lowering springs up front but with non satisfied results so I have ordered a set of 2 1/2 drop spindles with the disc brake set up hoping that will lower it down where it needs to be? Next problem I am running 235 75R 15"s on factory rallies and with the future drop the front tires are going to scrub. I am going to keep the 235 75R's on the back but what size would you guy's suggest on the front? Anybody with the same or similar drop (pictures please!)? I was thinking about a 215 70R's on the front but not sure if it would look right with the 75 series on the back? What would you all suggest would look good? Here is a picture of the truck after lowering it but without the 2 1/2" spindles installed on it yet hope to have them on by first of the week that is why I am needing the tire size so I can go buy tires, I can not move out of garage! Thanks Robert
Attached Images

GMC"ER is offline   Reply With Quote