The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
jessemthompson

My new 72 SWB Chevy

Just came down to Ga from NC to pick up a 72 Chevy swb from my wife's uncle. He picked it up for 2k from a guy who needed money. I happened to come into town to visit with him a couple of days after he picked it up. *He told me he picked up a little 72 Chevy and I asked him if it was a truck. He said yes and the first thing I asked was if it was a swb and he said yes. I got excited cause when I was a teenager I had a 70 lwb Chevy. I always wanted a swb as a teenager but couldn't afford one. I asked him to see it and he took me out to his garage. We went out to look at it and I was impressed. He said he wasn't gonna do anything with it and I said I would. So he told me he would give it to me for what he paid. *The body looks pretty good. Just two pin holes in the driver side rocker panel. It has a reupholstered bench seat, new carpet, dash pad and door panels. It has a later model 350 with shorty headers, eldebrock carb and intake and a Mallory high fire ignition. It has dual flowmaster exhaust although it only looks to be 2". It has a 350TH and it feels like it has a shift kit in. The truck is lowered. I'm not exactly sure how much though. It looks to have western drop spindles and it looks like stock front springs. The front needs to come down some more. It definitely has lowering springs in the rear. The bed is in great shape and underneath the truck is in good shape. Not a lot of rust. *I just have to get it home tomorrow. I'm gonna look into a set of front springs to get the front end Down a little and enjoy the truck. I did get some show wheels wheels and some tires for it already though.* this is also exciting cause my father is building a 69 swb Chevy and he had a lwb 68 GMC the same time I owned my 70 as a teenager

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by jessemthompson; 12-03-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: More info
jessemthompson is offline   Reply With Quote