The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Handmedown

Confession

So I have a 72 c10 cheyenne super.My dad got this truck in 73, it was the newest and nicest car he ever had and he loved it. He died of brain cancer in 78 when I was 5. It survived my moms various boyfriends until I was eighteen and my mom gave it to me. I was a wild kid and drove it like it was a carnival ride, and did zero maintenance. When I was 25 in 2000 I wrecked it in the ditch, eight months later a valve stuck open and it was parked. I loved this truck and felt like it was a connection to my dad. It sat in a garage for over ten years while I straightened my self and my life out. Ten months ago I brought it home on the back of a wrecker, had the engine redone and suped up a little bit all I have to do is put it back in. Now that i have plenty off resources I keep buying parts to stall, I keep getting hung up on the small things, like cleaning the valve covers. Ive just realized recently I afraid of the emotion of the first start up. Im afraid it will bring back all the pain of my child hood and Im also afraid of all the pleasure of my teens and twentys. This truck is just a huge part of my life it feels a little overwhelming, thanks for letting me vent. It will be a sweet truck someday. Handmedown!
Handmedown is offline   Reply With Quote