The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
low54panel

54 chevy panel build

So here it is, my 54 chevy panel truck build. Bought it off my buddy who started it a few years ago. He already had it off the stock frame and sitting on an s10 frame. Three trailer loads later I had everything back at my shop. Read alot of the threads on here and got lots of ideas where this truck will end up. Found a guy on craigslist parting out his bagged s10 and scored a set of thorbecke upper and lower control arms with drop spindles and a rear 6 link setup. Also bought an ls6 with a manual 6 out of a 2005 CTS-V. Spent memorial day weekend installing the suspension and set the motor in the frame. Ordered my frame notch last night so I can get the frame all the way on the ground. Planning on running 20's up front and 22's out back. Stayed after work this afternoon and spent some time with a plasma cutter and a 4x4 piece of steel and got some cab mounts cut out out thanks to the plans here on the forum. Not sure how I ever made it this long with out a plasma cutter, dont know how I'd do without one now, that thing is sweet. Anyways know how you guys like pics so heres a few. Also threw in a teaser pic of my other project, at one point in its life it was a 2000 Road King.
Attached Images

low54panel is offline   Reply With Quote