The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
CMH77

is it worth it?

I am in the process of rebuilding my '69 LWB Stepside C10.

I got her (as it turns out from a former board member here) about 2 years ago, and used her as a work truck and driver since then. Upgraded and tinkered and toyed on it with intention of bringing it back to a decent daily driver status.

Well, the integrated head on the 250 Straight 6 went kaput on me and I decided now was as good a time as any to start really tearing into her and replacing and fixing the stuff that bothered me most; new rocker panels, one cab corner, new kick panels and new door panels, replace the crappy slider with a solid rear, refresh the interior, new bumpers and NOW a new sbc drivetrain. Few other things on the docket as well, slightly lower her, disc conversion in front, find some decent rally wheels, new bed wood. (The list keeps growing, I'm trying to prioritize.)

I found a '68 C20 locally that the guy was going to part but is willing to sell whole to me. It has a 327 with a Muncie 4 speed. His claim is it ran when he parked it a 'few' years ago. Good glass all around, though the rear is the small window version and I need a large. Most of the panels and interior stuff I need minus the rockers which aren't that great on his either, good front clip. No bed, no rear bumper. He offered to let it go to me for $750.

Here's the kicker, no title, bill of sale only.

So, back to the question. Am I being a cheasp skate if I go in offering him $400 or is it worth what he wants?
CMH77 is offline   Reply With Quote