The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
GOPAPA

Sorry Project ,,but I Just Got To Move On

I bought this truck in 07 and have worked on putting it togeather since then. Had a lot of things get in my way to finish it .
Done things backwards maybe but thats the way it goes I guess when its the first one I ever done with this much to do .
It had the cab off and repaired and then the whole truck painted ,,then had a bb engine put in it and a rebuilt tranny also.
I installed a blazer tank in the rear and plumbed it in to the engine ,,all new tail lights and back up lights ,,side markers ..installed inner fenders ,,heat shield,,new wiper motor,heater core,4 core radiator ,,tilt wheel ,,rebuilt instrument panel,,new glass ,,wiring ,.had lots of new parts to still put in it and on it ..

Then last week I trailered it to a friends shop to have the whole brake system redone so I could finally take it on it;s maiden voyage and he jacked it up using the bumper ,,which I never done in my shop ,,as I used the aframes and put it on blocks..
He called me and ask me to come take a look at it.. ..
It has a crooked frame and I didnt know it when I bought it as it was a roller . It wll have to have the cab off. the front clip off ,,the motor and tranny out plus the bed .. In order to put he frame in a frame rack and tweeked back to straight again,, The shop who painted the truck told me that the guy who owned it before me either wrecked it himself or some one before him had.. and said he knew it but didnt know that the guy had even sold it...

So yesterday I sold it cheap and I am moving on ,I still have my 71 and at the end of the month or close to it I and the wife are moving to Idaho .. I could get mad but that wouldn't do anything to really help,,so i'll just chalk it up to one that went bad for me.. No more acre to mow ,,no more cutting wood for the firepace ,,and sunshine 300 days a year,,what more could I ask for ?

Good to see ya all again ,,and after the wife and I get moved I will stop in more often .. here is a photo of my other truck ,,the one that I justhad to let go..