The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
2Cav

Tons of questions -- truck finally here, not so much runnin & drivin

Hello all,

So the shipper showed up with my truck today, and while she runs I am not so sure I feel safe drivin...

Pictures are below, observations first (questions in post 2). Being as this is the first time I have seen it, problems I notice out of the gate:

NO-GO Items:
  1. --Very hard to shift from gear to gear (linkage from fire wall to tranny seems fine, think it's a column issue)
  2. --Brakes are insanely soft, even after pumping they barely stop her at 10 mph (air in the lines maybe?)
  3. --No right blinker, front left runner is out (front left is likely just a bulb, no big deal, but no right turn signal, never pass inspection, and I think it might be the contact in the column???)
  4. --rockers and some of floor pan both sides rusted through, although does not appear to be as bad as expected. kick panels and rear cab corners look good both sides...
  5. --caked on grease everywhere on motor, can't help but wonder if it is leaking EVERYWHERE...

Other concerns:
  • --All 4 tires are ready for replacement, and 1 rim dosen't match...
  • --Tranny is slipping.... (this I say just drive it till it dies and rebuild/replace.)
  • --RH fender kissed something, and rust near door corner (just replace likely)
  • --AC and PS both not connected
  • --Hood sticks up in rear (bad brackets and springs?)
  • --HVAC controls seem broken cables? dunno, worth messing with or just replace?
  • --Drivers door lock dont work
  • --Some rust in bed floor, how much is yet to be determined due to the dirt.
  • --Paint and body, front fender is repairable, although likely not worth the time, Everything else seems reasonable, paint is toast. not cool patina, just flat out beat to hell...

---Cont---
2Cav is offline   Reply With Quote